The first sustainability research was published at the COP15 (Copenhagen Climate conference) in December 2009 and resulting in Sustainability Framework. Introducing a new groundbreaking concept and idea of holistic Business Sustainability Frameworks, and the necessity of introducing it into today’s businesses in order to better compete and progress in the future.
Since 2008, the Global University Alliance members has researched, compared, analyzed and developed Best and LEADing Practices around the enterprise sustainability concept. This includes the sustainability business model design, sustainability scorecards, sustainability functions, sustainability tasks, sustainability information management, sustainability performance management and sustainability governance of enterprise modelling and architecture disciplines.
The work included both the packaging of the academic research and findings into a Sustainability frameworks, methods and approaches that can be used by industries and universities alike. There has been additional collaboration, research and interlinks with organizations like governments, businesses and vendors like iGrafx and SAP – read more here.
With this work we try to promote a new way of thinking, working and modelling around sustainability. These are shared and published as an open standard in the LEADing Practice community. Combining the much needed connection between Enterprise Modelling e.g. sustainability strategy, sustainability business model, sustainability competency development, sustainability value model, sustainability services, sustainability processes, sustainability information management and Enterprise Architecture aspects. Thereby enabling all organizations to build on common leading sustainability principles to identify, create and realize value. In terms of University perspective does the development included a Sustainability university curriculum for both Bachelor and Master level.
The Sustainability Research contacts are:
Professor David Coloma Guerrero
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain.
Global University Alliance Coordinator:
Professor Mark von Rosing
Head of Global University Alliance, Denmark
LEADing Practice Coordinator:
LEADing Practice, Co-CEO
The members involved in this work have been a team that includes academics, researcher and analysts:
- David Coloma Guerrero, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Karin Gräslund, Wiesbaden Business School, Germany
- Siavash Moshiri, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Mark von Rosing, Head of Global University Alliance, Denmark
- Paola Lettieri, University College London, UK
- Frederik Kramer, Universität Magdeburg, Germany
- Gamal Kassem, Universität Magdeburg, Germany
- Daniel Meyerholt, Universität Oldenburg, Germany
- Barbara Rapp, Universität Oldenburg, Germany
- Venky Shankararaman, Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Dmitry Kudryavtsev, St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Russia
- Maxim Arzumanyan, St. Petersburg State University, Russia
- Maria Hove, LEADing Practice Researcher & Analyst
- George Etzel, LEADing Practice Researcher & Analyst
- Ulrik Foldager, LEADing Practice Researcher & Analyst